Online marketplace for buying and selling secondhand items
One of the fastest growing buying and selling apps is letgo, which lets you quickly post listings to get rid of the things you no longer want. It also lets you search for new items that you want to buy.
Though there are many options for buying and selling online, letgo is one of the only apps that make things as easy as possible for sellers. When you take a photo and upload it, the app will identify the object you want to sell. It will then show you which category you should use, the average price that similar items sold for in the past and the average length of time it takes for those items to sell. The image recognition software will automatically recognize what you want to sell and cut down the time it takes to make a listing to just a few seconds.
Both buyers and sellers have the chance to connect with each other through the app too. If someone sends you a message about something you're selling, you can negotiate the price online and decide how to exchange that item for cash. The app allows you to set up offline meetings in your own area. Most sellers choose to meet in public places, including fast food restaurants and police stations. As a buyer, you can contact sellers through the app to ask questions about the item or to offer a lower price.
The letgo app also makes it easy to see if the seller is trustworthy too. Each seller has a rating on a scale of between one star and five stars. Once you buy an item, the app will ask you to write a short review of your experience and to give the seller a rating. When you buy other items, you can view the seller's rating and see what other buyers wrote about him or her.
This app uses GPS to find your exact location, which it uses to show you popular items for sale near you. The items you can buy through the app range for shoes and furniture to cars and bikes. It now offers property listings too, which can help you find the right home to buy or apartment to rent. Though some don't like the overall design of the app because it caused them to press the wrong buttons, most find that it's helpful and easy to use. One of the best and easiest ways to buy and sell online is with the letgo app.
- Provides access to more than 200 million ads and listings
- Lets you connect to other buyers and sellers
- Automatically recognizes photos and picks categories for you
- Includes options for both buyers and sellers
- Helps you narrow down your options by zip code
- Requires real money to buy or sell items
- Some users pressed the wrong button because of the app's poor design
- Doesn't offer as many deals as the developers claim
- To make buying & selling on letgo even safer, we've added verified accounts
- We've also fixed a few bugs to make buying & selling even easier. Enjoy!
Make sure to give it a try, and keep the feedback coming, we love hearing from you!
Love it? Review and rate us! Contact [email protected] if you have any suggestions or need help
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.